As a packing event volunteer, you are playing a critical role in packing food into bags that are distributed to children and families facing food insecurity. To continue our essential work of providing food to the community through the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are taking these steps to maintain your health and safety.
- Capping groups at 30 volunteers per event.
- Asking volunteers to wash hands. We have set up additional handwashing and hand sanitizing stations.
- Requiring volunteers to wear gloves and cloth masks. We are providing gloves and masks. Clean masks are available at the beginning and should be dropped off at the end in clearly marked bins. These are washed every day according to Minnesota Department of Health requirements. Volunteers can bring their own masks from home. In order to be effective, masks need to cover your mouth and nose.
- Spreading out volunteers as much as possible. In some circumstances, volunteers will cross paths in the warehouse.
- Sanitizing tables and cleaning work areas after each event.
- Only allowing volunteers who are 14 years old and older to participate at this time.
- Asking volunteers to stay home if they are sick – no fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours.
We are continuously monitoring this dynamic situation and will revise plans as needed to ensure your health and safety. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and especially for using your time and skills to meet the critical needs of children in our community during these extraordinary circumstances.