Ensuring the health and safety of our network during coronavirus
Our network is vitally important in fulfilling our mission of fighting child hunger. As we continue supporting these children during the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, ensuring the health and safety of our network is equally important.
We are continuously monitoring the situation and in contact with the Minnesota Department of Health and school and district program partners. Plus, we are constantly reviewing CDC updates and guidance on how to plan, prepare and respond.
We are taking these steps to reduce the risk in our network.
- Requiring employees to stay home.
- Asking employees who have to come in to wash hands when they arrive at the office each day and multiple times throughout the day.
Packing Event Volunteers
We will continue our packing events in the warehouse,but limiting to a smaller group of return volunteers to reduce exposure to the public and maintain the health and safety of volunteers and staff. We are working with The Sanneh Foundation and AmeriCorps to minimize the number of people involved in packing food and help continue our essential work of providing food to the community. We are implementing these preventative measures with these individuals.
- Shifting to smaller volunteer groups to allow for social distancing.
- Asking volunteers to stay home if they are sick.
- Implementing hand washing stations at all volunteer events.
- Asking volunteers to wash hands when they arrive and when they are done.
- Providing latex gloves to volunteers to wear during shift.
- Sanitizing tables and cleaning work areas after each event.
Food distribution volunteers
With school closures, we have halted our distribution of food into children’s backpacks for our weekend food program through volunteers. Read more about how we are working with school district leadership to continue delivery of our food and ensure their student populations have access to it in our FAQs.
This is a dynamic situation and we will continue to revise plans as needed to ensure the health and safety of our network.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions.