Our mission is to fight child hunger through community partnerships. Our community starts with our team members.
As a young and fast-paced organization, we offer boundless opportunities for personal and professional growth. It takes a dedicated team for an organization to scale its growth successfully, and we value collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility. We offer great benefits such as a generous PTO policy, 10 paid holidays, employer-sponsored volunteer time, group medical/dental/vision insurance, video and in-home medical service, standing desks, and flexible work hours.
Program Logistics Driver:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
TRANSPORTATION / WAREHOUSE / INVENTORY
- Load and unload delivery trucks and trailers on a daily and consistent basis
- Transport, track, and provide a variety of inventory to The Sheridan Story sites
- Organize/maintain storage areas to maximize capacity and minimize product handling
- Perform light maintenance on building, equipment and vehicles as needed
- Ensure facility and material handling equipment is maintained properly to meet industry health and safety standards; identify equipment and supply needs
- Work with Program Logistics Manager and Director of Programs to ensure overall effectiveness of the TSS warehouse
FOOD AND SAFETY
- Implement food safety and security guidelines and rules as determined by the Program Logistics Manager
- Compile with OSHA and workplace safety procedures
- Represent The Sheridan Story in the community at various events/activities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of and agreement to The Sheridan Story’s mission – to fight child hunger through community and school partnerships.
- Capable of safely operating (forwards and backwards) The Sheridan Story’s pickup truck pulling a 21ft trailer and a 26ft dock level straight truck (non – CDL)
- Able to pass a Commercial Driver Medical Exam as required by the state/federal government
- Forklift qualification; training provided by TSS if necessary
- First Aid/AED/CPR qualified; training provided by TSS if necessary
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours, push, pull, repeatedly lift 50 lbs., bend, twist, use fine manual dexterity, etc.
- Excellent driving record and registered Driver’s License
- Able to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religious beliefs, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to troubleshoot
- Timely, dependable, and responsible
- Self-starter, independent, efficient and motivated
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Eligibility
- Organization match of Retirement Plan
- 16 hours paid per calendar year for volunteering outside TSS
How To Apply:
Send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org